The Young Uttarakhand is a social welfare organization registered under all India society registration act.
Aims & Objectives:
The Aims and Objectives for which the Young Uttarakhand Society is established are as under:
- To bring together all Uttarakhandis living in the different part of India and abroad by means of all forms of communications viz media, internet, and to encourage and foster the ideal of social service in them for the people and the State of Uttarakhand.
- To promote advancement of knowledge on economic, social, political and other subjects of interest and benefit to the people of Uttarakhand and for that purpose to arrange or organize conferences, seminars, meetings and debates and to issue and publish journals, pamphlets, periodicals, books, monographs, reviews, papers and other organs.
- To assist in improving the economic, vocational and professional standards of the Students of Uttarakhand by providing Scholarships, prizes, Career Guidance / Counseling classes & Study Material, General Study material, libraries and reading rooms and other facilities to the students of Uttarakhand.
- To organize, establish, maintain, or assist schools, colleges and other institutions with the object of imparting education and career guidance to the people and also hostels for the benefits of the students.
- To organize, provide, establish and maintain funds for the needy people of Uttarakhand and for the purpose to provide stipends, scholarships, doles and other assistance with a view to improving their economic social and educational status.
- To spread awareness among the People of Uttarakhand and the masses against various social, economical, political and other issues faced by the people and State of Uttarakhand and to raise voice against such issues by means of filing Public Interest Litigations in Courts, organizing Community awareness programmes and by adopting such other remedial measures.
- To establish assist or support and maintain institutions for providing education or maintenance of orphans, widows, senior citizens and rehabilitation of physically challenged people.
- To organize and to assist physically as well as financially other organisations in organizing, from time to time, cultural events in different part of India so as to promote the culture, traditions and festivals of the State of Uttarakhand.
- To do perform and undertake such other charitable objectives as may be considered necessary to be of general public utility and benefit.
- To promote economic, social, moral and cultural activities beneficial to the Uttarakhandi Community.